Complaints Procedure

We are committed to providing high quality legal advice and client care.  If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service you have received or about our charges, please tell us.  This gives us the opportunity to investigate your concerns thoroughly and helps us to improve our service.

We hope that most complaints can be dealt with informally and swiftly. In the first instance, please contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns, and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you do not feel able to discuss your concerns with them, please contact the person responsible for the overall supervision of your matter, who will be named in the firm’s Letter of Engagement sent to you at the beginning of the matter. 

If you do not feel able to raise your concerns with either of these people, or you are unsatisfied with their response, please contact the Complaints Partner, Peter Reynolds (or if the complaint concerns Peter Reynolds, please contact the Senior Partner, Jasbinder Dail).


Letter: 15 Clarence Street, Staines, Middlesex TW18 4SU

Telephone: 01784 457 655

How will you deal with my complaint?

You can raise your concerns in writing (by email or letter), at a meeting or by telephone.

Please give example(s) of the problem, dates where possible and make a list of your queries or concerns.  This will help us to reply.

If you raise your concerns by telephone, we may ask you to put your concerns in writing to ensure that we fully understand the position.

If we do not receive a response from you within 4 weeks of the date of our final response, we will assume that your complaint has been resolved and will close the complaint.

If any of the timescales above change, we will let you know and explain why.

We do not charge for dealing with your complaint.

For a copy of our full Complaints Handling Policy, please click here 

Under "What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint", the email for the Legal Ombudsman should be Email:

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

If we are unable to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks, or if you remain dissatisfied, then you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted at:


Letter: The Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.

Telephone: 0300 555 0333.


Please note that not all clients will be entitled to have their complaint reviewed here so please check the scheme rules for further details.

Scope of the Legal Ombudsman Scheme

The Legal Ombudsman is an independent complaints handling body that deals with complaints about poor service by lawyers and, generally, will check that you have first raised your complaint with us before they become involved.

Normally, you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of receipt of our final written response and no more than 1 year from the date of the act or omission; or no more than 1 year from when you should reasonably have known that there was cause for complaint. The right to refer a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman is not open to all types of client, e.g. large commercial companies, and the Legal Ombudsman may therefore decline to deal with your complaint. Please check the Scheme Rules for further details.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)

In addition to the Legal Ombudsman, alternative complaints bodies exist (Alternative Dispute Resolution or ADR bodies) which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should all parties agree to use such a scheme.

We have chosen not to adopt an ADR process because we consider the service offered by the Legal Ombudsman to be the most appropriate means of resolving complaints about legal services.

Referring a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)

You can also raise concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) if you think we have breached an SRA Principle. The SRA Principles govern our conduct and behaviour, details of which can be found at:

The SRA can be contacted by:

Letter: Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharf Street, Birmingham B1 1RN.

Telephone: 0370 606 2555 (or) (+44 (0) 121 329 6800 for international callers). Fax: +44 (0) 121 616 1999.