We are always interested in hearing from talented lawyers, ambitious trainees, experienced professional secretaries, and support staff.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Rowberry Morris Solicitors is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Private Client Opportunities - Reading & Staines
We are currently seeking to recruit experienced and ambitious private client lawyers to join our busy Private Client Team in our Reading and Staines Offices. Both roles offer excellent career progression for the right candidates.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate hands-on experience across the full range of private client work and be confident in providing quality advice to clients in a professional and personable manner.
The role will involve dealing with
- Will drafting including not only the advising on and completing of straight forward Wills, but also those including Trusts (IPDI, Disabled Person and Discretionary Trust) and advising on the tax implications of the same.
- Estate administration from start to finish, including intestate estates, and dealing with all Inheritance Tax, income tax and capital gains tax issues arising during the administration.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney and registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Court of Protection work.
- Elderly Client matters.
- Capacity Issues.
- Tax planning.
- Trust administration.
- Other professional connections including accountants, financial advisers and care agencies to provide holistic advice for the client.
- Ability to process a large independent caseload effectively whilst sustaining a very high level of attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships with both existing and new clients and with professional connections.
- A proven financial record and commercial attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good technical experience in wills, trusts probate and general tax advice.
- A willingness to support the Department in Business Development.
- Strong IT skills, including the use of a case management system.
There is excellent scope for career progression and to make your mark in the department; full support will be given to help you achieve your objectives.
The suitable applicant for each role is likely to have between 3-6 years PQE but this is a guide only and we will consider strong applications outside of this level.
Salary commensurate with experience. Part-time or flexible hours will be considered.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We are looking for an experienced Childcare Lawyer to join our highly regarded Childcare department in Reading.
We have been a leading childcare firm for over 30 years and this is an opportunity with excellent prospects for a committed and ambitious childcare lawyer to join Jasbinder Dail and her team.
Children’s Panel membership or eligibility to apply to join the Children’s Panel with a minimum of 3 years PQE are essential.
Both full and part time applicants will be considered.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Conveyancing Legal Secretary
Experienced Conveyancing Legal Secretary required for busy leading law firm.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm based in Staines working for a Senior Legal Executive within our Conveyancing department.
To be considered for the role you:
- Ideally have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar secretarial role with an understanding of Residential Conveyancing
- Are proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent telephone skills
- Having good interpersonal and communication skills
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Prepare correspondence and documents using audio typing, word processing and/or digital dictation
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch
- Conduct copying, scanning and filing, both electronically and manually
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain up-to-date Outlook diary for the Conveyancer
- Attend clients in both person and on the telephone to provide communication in a professional and friendly manner
Job Type: Full-time
- We will consider anyone with previous legal secretary experience but ideally you should have relevant conveyancing experience. This position is not suitable for anyone without any previous legal experience.
No Agencies Please
Please send your CV to Samantha.email@example.com